Sunday 19 January 2014

Smoothie Sunday: Blueberry Summer Smoothie

During this past week and half in Tasmania, we have been experiencing one of our hottest weeks of the summer, ever. Now, as I am Tasmanian, and this boiling hot weather is pretty hard to come by, I have been struggling considerably. So I had to come up with a solution, and here it is. This wonderful, cold smoothie has been a delicious life saver.


This Blueberry Summer Smoothie is not only a perfect, healthy edition to your array of breakfasts and lunches, but is also a wonderful choice for when the weather is boiling hot. It tastes delicious, cools you down and is full of antioxidants, potassium and protein. 

Ingredients:

1 Cup of Almond Milk
1/2 Cup of Greek Yoghurt
1 Cup of Frozen Blueberries
1 Banana
4 Ice Cubes
1tsp of Chia Seeds

1. Blend together the almond milk, greek yoghurt, blueberries, banana and ice cubes.

2. Pour smoothie into a glass and sprinkle chia seeds on top. Easy!

2 comments:

  1. The color of your smoothie looks beautiful! :) I love putting chia seeds on top of my smoothies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you so much, Molly! I absolutely love the colour of this smoothie, and this is one of the first times I have ever put chia seeds on top, and I loved it!

      Delete